WIOA Youth and Young Adult Programs
Youth and young adults seeking employment, internships, and/or reconnection to school and employment can find assistance in the WIOA Future Force Career Program for youth and young adults between the ages of 16 and 24 who are seek assistance in reconnecting to education (i.e. GED completion or college entry), or who are ready for work experience and employment. The WIOA Youth Innovation Program is a career exposure program designed for youth and young adults between the ages of 16-21 who are in high school or college. In addition to the services below, supportive services are also available for WIOA participants.
Academic Support and Counseling
- Tutoring, study skills, instruction, school support, and academic recovery services to help young adults earn their GED if needed;
- Transitional support to bridge to post-secondary education and training; and,
- Comprehensive guidance, including mentoring, and drug and alcohol abuse counseling, gang diversion, and/or referrals to other counseling services.
Career Awareness and Preparation
- Labor market and employment information about in-demand industry sectors and occupations available in Alameda County, including career awareness, counseling, and exploration;
- Skills training, leading to occupational certificates and credentials;
- Paid and unpaid work experiences, such as summer employment, internships, pre-apprenticeships, and on-the-job training, that are linked to in-demand occupations;
- Leadership development opportunities, including community service linkages;
- Financial literacy education; and,
- Entrepreneurial skills training.
Special Programs and InitiativesPaid internships are avaliable for youth and young adults between the ages of 16-24 years old with the Reach Ashland Youth Center! Intern participants will gain experience in creating youth-focused website content, while curating and promoting COVID-19 prevention information targeted toward other youth and young adults!
Youth interns would participate three days a week (Tuesday-Thursday) for 6.5 hours per week over the course of 10 months. Intern participants will earn $250 a month or $2,500 total by the end of the internship and relevant career experience! This is an amazing opportunity to learn and help your community! Applications are still being accepted! Learn more and apply if interested!
Youth Success StoriesHelping youth and young adults succeed in the workforce through mentorship, educational attainment, and other work-based learning opportunities, is of utmost importance to us!
Read youth success stories to learn how our youth services providers help youth and young adults achieve their educational and employment goals.